Are you looking for your next challenge? Do you want a job that’s exciting with a team that loves what they do? Then we may have just the thing...
At Doodle, we’re the kind of people who wake up every morning passionate about what we do. That’s what we’re looking for in our new Doodlers. You’ll be brimming with new ideas, driven by curiosity and don’t flinch at the thought of experimenting - even if the test fails. You’re someone who challenges the status quo and enjoys pushing yourself and others to reimagine, optimize and innovate.
Who Are We?
Doodle is the world’s leading scheduling platform, helping millions of people instantly set meetings with clients, colleagues and teams. Tapping into the unique nature of smart scheduling with AI, Doodle simplifies the planning of 1:1 and group meetings for busy professionals. As the world's most trusted online scheduling platform, Doodle attracts more than 25 million monthly active users.
Now’s your chance to join 100+ ambitious engineers, designers, product managers, marketers and salespeople on a mission to make great meetings happen. Be a part of a global team headquartered in Zurich, with offices in Atlanta, Belgrade and Berlin.
Who We’re Looking For
We need a Tech Lead for Data Engineering to join our team in either Zurich, Belgrade or Berlin or hybrid remote in Switzerland, Serbia, Spain or Germany (no office duty).
You will be developing well-engineered, robust, cutting-edge, high-quality data solutions and platforms, in line with business needs and strategy and in accordance with all the teams at Doodle.
Ideally, You Have
- 6+ years in the data sphere with experience in some of: micro-services written in Python and/or Java with Spring Boot ideally on Kubernetes, database and data-lake systems like RedShift and Athena, queue systems like Kafka, orchestration tools like Airflow and data quality tools like Great Expectations
- Strong grasp of database structure, design, query languages like SQL, large data sets, distributed systems, fundamentals of mathematics and statistics
- Real passion for collaboration and strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in collecting business requirements by engaging with non-technical stakeholders and then scoping technical solutions based on these
- Experience with agile processes and project management
- Experience in a formal or informal capacity of mentoring and growing a team of engineers in a tech company is a plus
- Fluency in English
What the Role Involves
- Contribute and design the company data architecture according to the company technical strategy together with the team, with an eye on the maintenance and sustainability of the systems
- Together with the team develop and maintain tracking, data pipelines, data lake, data warehouse and data micro-services
- Provide technical support for other engineers in the team and collaborate strongly with the data analytics team, mentoring, coaching and helping individuals
- Liaise and collaborate with technical and non-technical stakeholders in the company to provide analytics, live-enrichment micro-services and integrations with external and internal data sources
- Coordinate with other teams on implementation plans and dependencies
- Drive the technical vision and technical data culture and infrastructure in the company, also towards a self-serve model
- Make data available across the company to achieve company goals, continuously aligning with the teams that depend on it
What’s Awesome About Working at Doodle?
- Top talent deserves a competitive salary.
- We’re a team that cares about each other. We think we work best when we work together, so you’ll always feel included.
- Diversity is what makes us successful. We all have different strengths and push each other to try new things, innovate and deliver impactful results for the business.
- Your personal development matters and we mean it. Every Doodler gets a yearly budget to use for anything that promotes your continuous learning (be it an industry conference, language classes, leadership training, or anything else).
- Your well-being matters to us. Access thousands of beneficial meditation tools with your free Headspace account.
- Get together with the entire team of Doodlers (from all offices) to connect, bond, play games and unwind at the annual international retreat.
- Travel to (and spend time with other Doodlers) in some of our lovely offices worldwide.
- Take advantage of our remote friendly policy.
- Enjoy complimentary Doodle Premium memberships for you, your friends and your family.
- Free snacks and fruit in all our office locations.
- Applicant initial validation
- Coding Challenge
- Technical Interview & System design interview
- Meet the team
- 10 min personality test + Cultural Fit Interview
So, Get in Touch!
At Doodle, we’re committed to providing an environment of mutual trust and respect, where equal employment opportunities (EEO) are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to age, race, color, disability, religion, gender and sexual orientation. Diversity and inclusion are of utmost importance to us. We’re committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work and our products will be. We want to hear from you, so please don’t hesitate to apply!